Too many things from the Shrek movies went over my head the first time.
1. In Scooby-Doo, 'Mary Jane' being Shaggy's favorite name implied that he was a stoner.
2. There was an episode of SpongeBob where he was blowing up balloons to make an inflatable Squidward, and it looked like a condom.
3. Kronk's pitched tent in the Emperor's New Groove was a suggestive innuendo.
4. In The Proud Family, LaCienega and her mom, Sunset Boulevardez, were named after La Cienega Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard in California.
5. When Velma's cousin Marcy was flirting with Fred on What's New, Scooby Doo?, there was a joke about Marcy turning 18 and now being "legal" to date Fred.
6. On Victorious, Tori's mom seemed to be having an affair.
7. On Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Moze's boyfriend's name was Faymen Phorchin, which was a play on "fame and fortune."
8. In Arthur Christmas, Peter the elf had a thing for Steve. First Peter gave Steve underpants for Christmas, and later on, when Steve was scrolling through his HOHO, there was an interesting message from Peter at 4 a.m.
Sony Pictures Releasing
9. In Toy Story, Slinky says something optimistic, contrary to what Mr. Potato Head said, so Mr. Potato Head grabs his lips and puts it against his behind to imply that Slinky is an ass kisser.
10. In Disney's Three Little Pigs, all the portraits of their mother are of a pig, but pictures of their father are a cut of pork.
Walt Disney Productions
11. In the Rugrats episode "Grandpa's Bad Bug," the milkman drove in front of the Pickles' house while covered in lipstick kisses.
12. In The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, London Tipton's name and character were a parody of Paris Hilton.
13. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, when the babies are floating down to their parents, there's a joke about a man's wife having an affair.
14. In Shrek, Lord Farquaad's name is supposed to sound like 'fuckwad.'
15. There's a scene in Shrek where Lord Farquaad was looking at Fiona through his mirror and he nervously pulled up the sheet, implying he had a boner.
16. In Shrek, when Shrek sees the size of Lord Farquaad's castle, he makes a subtle joke about the size of Lord Farquaad's penis.
17. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Grinch's adoptive moms were having a swingers party when the Grinch arrived in a basket.
18. The Cat in the Hat is just full of adult jokes and innuendos.
19. In the Texas episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick misheard SpongeBob and thought he said, "Your penis is showing."
20. In an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob wore underwear over his head and nose, which resembled an erection.
21. In Aladdin and the King of Thieves, elephants started running wild at the wedding, causing the castle to shake, to which Genie responds with a sex joke.
Walt Disney Television Animation
22. On Hey Arnold! there were subtle hints that Mr. Simmons was gay, but I never picked up on it until I rewatched it years later.
23. In SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs once says, "So that's what I taste like," which implies that Krabby Patties are made from crabs.
24. In a Gravity Falls episode, Soos met a girl at the mall while she was working at a food stand called "Meat Cute!" which was a play on the term "meet-cute."
25. There was a scene in The Road to El Dorado where Tulio and Chel are on the floor, and it's implied that she was giving him head before they were interrupted by Tzekel.
27. On Rocko's Modern Life, Rocko once watched a movie called Night of the Shaved Kittens, which was a pun based on shaved private parts.
28. On Victorious, Jade made a joke about puberty that a lot of people missed.
29. In a SpongeBob SquarePants scene, SpongeBob and Patrick were caught naked while Patrick was holding money, which made it look like they were participating in sex work.
30. In Rocko's Modern Life, Rocko's favorite restaurant was called Chokey Chicken, which was a pun of the phrase "choking the chicken," aka masturbating.
31. In Winnie the Pooh, Kanga and Roo's combined name was "Kangaroo," and they were kangaroos.
"Like, how did I not notice that as a child? I was well into my 20s when I figured that out."
32. In Shrek 2, the wolf read a magazine called Pork Illustrated, which seemed to be pornography.
33. In an episode of Batman Beyond, there was a sex joke in the scene where Nelson asked Blade if she wanted a ride.
Warner Bros. Television
34. In Jessie, a lot of Luke's behavior toward Jessie was very risqué for someone so young.
35. On SpongeBob, Patrick lived under a rock because he was dumb.
36. In Rugrats, Grandpa Lou rented an adult film to watch for himself called Lonely Space Vixens.
"I definitely didn't pick up on it being a porno when I was a kid."
37. In the naked episode of Rugrats, there was a moment where it seemed as if Tommy was about to ask Lil why she didn't have a penis.
38. In The Breakfast Club homage episode of Victorious, they swapped the word "virgin" with "vegan."
Nickelodeon / Universal Pictures
39. Miss Yvonne on Pee-wee's Playhouse was always very sexually suggestive.
40. VeggieTales had a number of references to Star Trek, Monty Python, Forrest Gump, Indiana Jones, Laurel and Hardy, The Lord of the Rings, and The Grapes of Wrath.
41. There was a scene in Jimmy Neutron where Hugh thought he was the last man on Earth and surrounded himself with pie. This was a reference to an episode of The Twilight Zone where the last man on Earth surrounded himself with books.
Nickelodeon / CBS
42. The Krusty Krab on SpongeBob SquarePants is shaped like a lobster trap.
Nickelodeon / Getty Images
43. And lastly in a scene on Victorious, the group was trapped in a store after hours. They needed someone flat to slide under the lasers, and Jade and Trina took a step back, which was a joke about them having bigger chests.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.