It’s important to be thankful for all that we’re blessed with in this life. Here are some beautiful quotes about gratitude that’ll satiate your soul.
“If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good.
Imagine how it feels like to wake up and see the sunshine, to have a cup of coffee with your family, to have friends to share your heart with, to be healthy, and to have the capacity to work – so on and so forth.
In today’s date, when we’re all caught up amidst the hustle and bustle of life – how about taking a minute out to be thankful for all the good things we’re blessed with?
It’s often the little things that make a big difference in our lives, and ‘gratitude’ is the best expression of appreciation for what we have.
The word ‘gratitude’ is derived from the Latin word ‘gratus’ – meaning ‘thankful’ and it’s an expression that’s generated from within – more like an affirmation of goodness and warmth.
It has been seen that people who can seamlessly express gratitude are happier in life, with lesser negative emotions like resentment and envy.
Here are some meaningful quotes about gratitude that will not only remind you that what you have is pretty awesome, but will also, I hope, spur you to express that gratitude to the people who deserve it most.
Quotes about gratitude:
1. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” ― Roy T. Bennett
2. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
3. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” ― Roy T. Bennett
4. “True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.” ― Oprah Winfrey
5. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” ― A.A. Milne
6. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” ― Eckhart Tolle
8. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ― Maya Angelou
9. “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” ― Meister Eckhart
10. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” ― Maya Angelou
11. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” ― John F. Kennedy
12. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count!” ― Steve Maraboli
14. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ― John F. Kennedy
15. “Gratitude looks to the Past and love to the Present; fear, avarice, lust, and ambition look ahead.” ― C.S. Lewis
16. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” ― Anthony Robbins
17. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
18. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” ― Germany Kent
19. “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you? ” ― William Arthur Ward
20. “Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” ― Steve Maraboli
21. “In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” ― Deitrich Bonhoeffer